Currently Browsing: Tips

Make It Easy For Your Small Business Customers To Buy From You

by Tom Egelhoff As we prepare to enter a new era of doing business during "banking hours" is over. Customers expect businesses to be available when they are. If you're a retailer, your newest competitor is the Internet. The new definition of "shoppi

Read More

Set Yourself Apart From The Competition

by Tom Egelhoff When you do a radio ad resist saying, "Look for us in the Yellow Pages under (your industry listing). Instead direct them to the white pages instead. Look for us in the white pages under (your company name). Why? Because your competit

Read More

Use Classified Ads To Enhance Your Other Small Business Ads

by Tom Egelhoff If you run newspaper ads on a regular basis think about running a small classified ad at the same time in a section that relates to your products. For example: A mobile car wash company might place an ad in the used car or sell it you

Read More

How Complaints Can Build Your Small Business

by Tom Egelhoff Most of us don't want to hear or have to deal with complaints. However, only about 4% of your customers will actually take the time to go to your place of business and complain. The other 96% just go somewhere else and you never know

Read More

How To Find Your Competitor's Customers

by Tom Egelhoff If you're a smart small business person, you know the value of your customer list. These are the people who do business with you and are your loyal customers. The same is true of your competitor. They also have a loyal customer base.

Read More

How to Find Sales Leads For Your Small Town Business

by Tom Egelhoff Opening a small business is probably one of the scariest things you'll ever do. It takes money and risk of your investment and probably worst of all it requires delayed gratification. It's probably going to be awhile before you make

Read More

Free Advertising Tip: How To Get Free TV Ads For Your Small Business

by Tom Egelhoff The most costly form of advertising is TV. Nothing else even comes close. So, how do you get your business on TV for free? Here's one way. Give a prize or become a sponsor of an event that will be running a lot of TV ads. For exam

Read More

Keeping Your Small Business Out Of Legal Hot Water

by Tom Egelhoff One of the great things about small towns is everyone seems to know everyone else. One of the bad things about small towns is everyone seems to know everyone else. So, what's my Shpoint? We share the good and bad about our businesse

Read More

How To Use Your Brochure To Open Doors For More Business

by Tom Egelhoff One of the most powerful sales tool we have is our brochure. One of the most powerful tools to make sales is the referral. Our tip this week is to show you how to put the two together. Here's how: When you have finished the sales proc

Read More

One Way To Tell Where To Place Your Advertising

by Tom Egelhoff Sometimes you want to advertise where your competition is and sometimes you don't. For example you would want to be in the Yellow Pages with your competitors. In some other publications you would like to be by yourself. The question is

Read More